[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Pinning Alternative

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Pinning Alternative
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 23:23:12 -0400
All,

I'll be installing a new Yaesu G-2800 rotor next week to replace a
broken G-1000. The rotor had been making noise before it finally stopped
turning so it's most likely mechanical failure. The mast pin did not
shear, but there is heavy wear.

I was thinking of an alternative to pinning to avoid another expensive
failure; some sort of rubber material to grip the mast. The problem is
that you can't apply much torque to the aluminum clamps so I'm not sure
if it will hold. What's really needed is a steel set of replacement clamps.

So, is anyone using a Yaesu G-2800 without a pin?

Tony