Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:23:29 +0100
Gerald,

That sounds like a very similar analysis to this one from Jim:

"What if the choke is on the output side of an antenna tuner (for
example, up in the air at the feedpoint, or somewhere along the line)
and the tuner is stepping up the impedance to match a higher impedance
load? An impedance step-up of 4:1 doubles the voltage, which increases
dissipation by 6dB, so our worst case CW or SSB dissipation is back to
10 watts. Increase the impedance to 400 ohms and CW/SSB dissipation
rises to 14 watts."

Steve G3TXQ