Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Cutting Boards for Antenna Stuff ?

To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Cutting Boards for Antenna Stuff ?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:06:37 -0700
Usually some form of high density polyethylene (HDPE) or a variety
called UHMW - ultra high molecular weight which is quite slippery and
used as an inexpensive substitute for TFE in sliding bearings, e.g.
conveyer strips, low speed sleeve bearings, and part handling machines.
UHMW is not fun to machine because it is so slippery and gummy.

Both are not UV resistant, although it might take a while for thick
panels to degrade sufficiently to be a problem.  It's biggest advantage
is it is cheap.  Polyethylene is also a very good RF insulator if
protected from exposure, but not very strong.

Grant KZ1W