[TowerTalk] Attachments was: Re: The Antenna System

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attachments was: Re: The Antenna System
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 08:46:40 -0400
The blocking of attachments such as graphics with messages was
originally based on concern that they might be vehicles for viruses, as
well as the bandwidth implications of large attachments.  The impact of
distributing a virus simultaneously to several thousand users was too
horrific to contemplate.

I notice now that almost all attempts to distribute malware that I
receive are using links to trap the unwary.  Whether or not it would be
safe to allow attachments is a question I leave to the security experts.

73, Pete N4ZR