Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center insulator strain releif

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center insulator strain releif
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:28:18 -0400
On 4/22/2012 9:42 AM, DGB wrote:
> ... and I wondered about that too! What about high power, what happened
> to the rule of thumb "a 4 inch bend radius" on the big coax?

What rule of thumb? Each coax has a minimum bend radius specification,
both repeatable and non repeatable. LMR-400 has a very small, non
repeatable bend radius.
This one has been handling the legal limit for quite a while and it was
accidentally "proof tested" once. It will definitely handle the legal
limit with room to spare.

73

Roger (K8RI)