Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Tower Broadcast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Tower Broadcast
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:43:27 -0700
On 5/28/2012 4:38 PM, Gene Fuller wrote:
> I don't like having the gov't tell me what I can or cant do when I'm not
> endangering others.

Jim Lux got the point. You did not, and neither did several others.  The
TV news program was NOT about individual liberty, nor was it about
government over-reaching, nor was it about anything political. It was
NOT about government regulations, it was NOT about you and me climbing
our towers, or hiring someone to do it. It was NOT about broadcast tower
work. It wasn't even about traditional 2-way tower work.

  It was about BIG companies screwing over little people who were out of
work, down on their luck, so desperate that they will take really
dangerous jobs for $10/hour. And it's about those big companies using
various legal tricks to avoid their responsibility for those people they
take advantage of DYING. And it was about the government NOT doing
anything to protect them.

73, Jim K9YC