Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Tower Broadcast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Tower Broadcast
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:30:22 -0600
Nicely said.  As a professional Volunteer Fireman, our department
preaches that we want everyone to come home safely.  Saving people is
wonderful but do it safely and do not create another incident within the
incident.

I've been in the fire service for more than twenty-eight years and a
union member for that entire time. We lose more than one hundred
brothers and sisters every year to heart attack, stroke, cancer,
building collapse, vehicle accident, etc... and constantly preach safety
through the use of better gear and safer practices - both to our
employer and to each and every one of our members. My entire job
revolves around the saving of life and property by taking calculated
risks that are thankfully overseen by NIOSH, the NFPA and a host of
others. Sadly, though, sometimes the physics of fire or the physiology
of our own bodies fail us but I'm still glad there are SOP's to be
followed. Some days, it becomes all about slowing down and thinking
things through so that you can go home safely at the end of your 24 hour
shift. 73, Jon Pearl - W4ABC www.w4abc.com