Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:59:10 +0100
Jim's comment should not be misunderstood. A 1:1 choke balun feeding a
_perfectly_ balanced load does not have zero common-mode voltage across
it; the choke CM voltage will be exactly half the voltage across the load.

If we gradually unbalance the load in one direction the choke CM voltage
reduces and becomes zero when the load is completely unbalanced. If we
unbalance the load in the other direction, the choke CM voltages
increases and in the limit will equal the load voltage.

73,
Steve G3TXQ