[TowerTalk] Heliax or RFS vs LMR: Tech points and best pricingavailable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heliax or RFS vs LMR: Tech points and best pricingavailable
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:19:43 EDT

Hi Phil, per your request, power ratings LMR vs. Heliax (I'll use the
previsous disussion point:  LMR600 (.590" OD) and LDF4-50A (.630" OD).
Unpublished is the 1.5 MHz Times # but the slope would appear that it's quite
linear in the HF thru mid microwave so   I think reasonable to assume linear
to 1.8.  will ask my Times contact Monday.   Bottom line,  the 30 MHz should
give you idea of scope of power handling and that it obviously increases down
to 1.8.
LDF4 at 30 MHz:  6.31 kW.....1.5 MHz:  28.6 k
LMR600:  30 MHz:   3.1 kW....1.5 MHz: non published but I should have it from
Times Monday morning.
Cheers,  Steve davis, K1PEK   DAVIS RF Co.
---------------------
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, BURY-FLEX Tm.  Various aerial wiring;
transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF connectors and Dacron rope.
www.davisRF.com .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline related items, please
ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous quality
products at highly competitive pricing.

In a message dated 8/29/99 4:06:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
philk5pc@tyler.net writes:

<< Please post the power ratings on LMR vs Heliax @ 1.8 and 30 mhz.
 This data is nearly impossible to find, and usually not included in QST and
 CQ ads.

 Many thanks!
 Phil, K5PC >>