[TowerTalk] Any substitute for that Polyphaser clamp Goo?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any substitute for that Polyphaser clamp Goo?
From: W9IXX@arrl.net (Phil Florig)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:29:43 -0600
Hi Bill,

Penetrox makes 3 different versions of the anti-oxidant.
2 versions are for alum to alum and alum to copper. One is
a higher temp then the other. They are listed as the "A" versions.

The third is copper to copper as you are looking for and is
listed as the "e" version.  It contains the copper particles
that you are asking about.

These three are made by Burndy Corp and carried by a number  of
supply houses such as Helsel-Jepperson in Chicago Heights, Il.

We use all three here at work for the bus bars in the rectifiers
we manufacture.

I also have some at home (don't tell the boss) that I use for
the copper connections.

Be aware that with all these products that they will harden somewhat
and are not waterproof as such. The connections will need additional
weather proofing.

Hope this helps,

73    Phil