[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Question
From: k3dne@adelphia.net (Ed Kucharski)
Date: Thu Jun 26 23:37:59 2003
Me too.  I have an AB577 with a Cushcraft A3 on top turned by a HD73 rotor
that I have erected alone.  If portable get the launcher to the base with a
dolly or hand truck and then the individual tubes two or three at a time by
hand.  At home I load the launcher on my utility trailer and pull it into
position with my lawn tractor then a second trip for the tubes.  I wait to
crank the antenna to full height when the wind isn't blowing too hard (less
than 10mph).  Mine is up year round and has survived several ice storms,
the blizzard of 03 and some 50+mph wind gusts associated with
thunderstorms.  Best $350 I have spent for ham gear!  Got mine via Ontario
Surplus at a local hamfest they attend.
73,
Ed K3DNE