[Towertalk] Connectors for CATV hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Connectors for CATV hardline
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:17:28 -0400
At 08:44 PM 9/6/02 -0400, Mike Gilmer, N2MG wrote:
>My hardline (Trilogy Communications 0.750") has a center conductor diameter
>of 4.5-5.0mm.  PL-258s, et al, take something like 3mm.  Is my 3/4" unique
>in having such a large center conductor?

Probably not, but if you use Amphenol barrel connectors, you can remove the
innards, and not replace the half that surrounds the center conductor at
the inner end.  That can then be spread apart to fit and, ideally, soldered
to the copper-clad inner conductor.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower