[TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jun 23 11:40:45 2003
A couple of weeks ago, I laid down two runs of CAT-3 computer cable from
the house to the tower for a new antenna switching system.  I was out there
yesterday after the rain stopped, and discovered a 2-foot stretch of one of
the cables that appears to have been chewed by something.  Can't tell yet
if the continuity has been broken on any of the pairs -- that's the next
chore -- and I'm hoping this was a one-time experience, but I was curious
whether anyone knows anything about plastic cable jacket materials that are
more or less attractive to small animals.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm