[TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Aug 18 16:56:52 2003
At 03:26 PM 8/18/03 -0500, Bill Aycock wrote:
>John- the tabs on mine say "print map" and "e-mail map". However, Bob
>Nielsen has done an impressive job- he went to a map with the proper tabs
>and move the image area to my place.
>He got my house almost dead center!
>He sent me a URL that was about six full lines, that put me there, with
>the "photo" tabs and all.

More times than I care to admit, I've been foxed by the cache of my browser
storing an old version of a page.  I suspect this may be the case with
Mapquest, because I don't recall it ever having an aerial photo option
before, but it does now.  I recently dumped my cache, so I didn't have to
remember to hit "Refresh" or "Reload" to get a fresh copy.

This implementation is much better than some others, by the way -- the
Microsoft site that attempts to match up topo maps and aerial images does a
truly lousy job of finding the same place when you switch from map to photo
or back.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm