Re: [TowerTalk] Tower or ... caution flag?

To: "David J. Windisch" <davidw@copper.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower or ... caution flag?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:38:09 -0700
At 11:34 AM 8/22/2003 -0400, David J. Windisch wrote:

So.   Should I throw caution to the winds and money to the PE fella, the twp
board of zoning appeals (twp treasurer, really), the county building permit
section, the backhoe fella, the concrete fella, and after all that, finally
put the ethereal adornments up, or should I wait and see what falls out of
the BPL situation before taking decisions?

TIA for reading, and any forthcoming comments.

After reading the comments from ARINC and NTIA, I think BPL will get beaten down a lot. From a political standpoint, we're just a bunch of hobby radio folks and don't represent serious dollars, nothwithstanding the useful contribution we make in times of disaster,etc. ARINC, on the other hand, raises "operational safety of aircraft" issues and NTIA raises "national security", both of which are real, not speculative, and continuously in use, unlike disaster preparedness, which only gets attention when disaster actually strikes. Furthermore, both of those commenters represent many billions of dollars worth of business and budget.