Re: [TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:15:55 -0400
At 06:11 PM 8/26/03 +0000, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
I guess my point is, if any of you all are in old houses, you may have more than one AC entrance than at the service drop and until you deal with them, a whole house SPD won't necessarily save you.

Probably a fair point, although I think that a 20-foot underground run is a much less dangerous potential source of induced voltage than your AC feed, coming (in my case) off miles of overhead wire.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4. 123 stations were added or updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm