[TowerTalk] Commercial antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Commercial antennas
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:23:08 -0800
July 2000 QST, pp47

At 10:10 AM 11/03/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Sure, the article was called, "Everything Works," and was by Tom Schiller,
N6BT, the proprietor of Force-12.

I've experienced some similar stuff over the years, which help clarify that
the difference between an average antenna an an astonishingly excellent one
for the same frequency can be so vast that most wouldn't actually believe
it.  Like 40-50-60 dB difference.  On HF, not microwaves.  It truly is
amazing when you get to operate using antennas like that.  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net

Because of problems with the "ARRL.NET" forwarding system and Earthlink,
I have abandoned that service. Please REMOVE "k6rix@arrl.net" from your
address book and replace with "k6rix@earthlink.net" Thank You!
(I'll stop posting this signature at the end of October!)