RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>, Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30 and loading
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:25:46 -0600

Joe- I agree, so long as you are covering DC current, but our subject is AC. In your statement about creating or destroying energy, the third condition of storing energy seems to be neglected. The creation or destruction of a magnetic field seems to be a means of breaking the balance of current in vs current out, as a function of time.
Bill

At 02:01 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

> So the subject is current across the loading coil in a quarter
> wave or 90 deg. radiator or element. Once we master and agree
> on that, if possible, implement it in modeling software, then
> the sky and wire is the limit.

There isn't (or should not be) much disagreement about the current
in a coil.  Quite simply, unless there is a significant loss -
either I^2R or radiation - the current into and out of a coil must
be the same.  After all, a coil is a passive device and can neither
create energy (increase current) or destroy energy (make current
"disappear").

Your real effort should be to develop a model that will adequately
explain the loss and/or radiation.

73,

... Joe, K4IK

Bill Aycock - W4BSG