Re: [Towertalk] Connecting grounds to towers

To: Floyd Sense <sentek@sprintmail.com>,"Bill Ralston" <n7vm@lgcy.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] Connecting grounds to towers
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:22:15 -0500
At 11:38 AM 11/14/03 -0500, Floyd Sense wrote:
In regard to the stainless steel shims - I recently did the same, after
spending a lot of time finding the darned stainless steel.  I finally
located some at a large sheet metal shop.  They had some .002 and .005 stock
on hand, rolled up in tubes.  According to them, they'd had it for several
years and no one had ever asked for it before.   I also ran across some
small stainless strips in a local "old fashioned" hardware store that
carried very small diameter tubing and strips for hobby use.

McMaster-Carr has the stuff in letter-sized sheets, quite reasonable.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29. 2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm