Re: [TowerTalk] Problems on a 2el vertical Array

To: "Mark Beckwith" <mark@concertart.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Problems on a 2el vertical Array
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:28:47 -0800

I felt vindicated when Jim said:

>Considering that the broadcast industry
>uses the tuner approach, it's  probably
>a winner.

Yay! Here's a photo of a some tuners, 1 per band:

http://home.swbell.net/swca/radio/Tuners.JPG

I particularly like the AC voltmeter reading 122V (is that QRO-60 Hz?), and is that a copy of QST open on the desk?

Finally:

>You think that will drive you to
>drink, you should see the scheme I'm
>working on.. individual receivers
>and transmitters at each element with a
>wireless LAN for interconnect.  No more
>coax for me, thank you! My feedline
>will be 110V extension cords.

If BPL goes through you could dispense with the wireless LAN and just use the extension cords, right?

No... I'm smart enough to realize that the datarate of BPL isn't enough..(even though I could theoretically adaptively cancel out my own interference.. now there's a novel thought!)

I bet some of you guys would be mortified to see what I can do with some
tower and guy wires!

Hardly.. There's a lot to be said for an antenna that you can buy at Home Depot.