Re: [TowerTalk] Urgent: Should solar panel array be grounded to station

To: xnewyorka@hotmail.com, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Urgent: Should solar panel array be grounded to station ground and/or house ground?
From: chas <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:07:55 -0500
On 10/9/12 8:13 AM, John W wrote:
>  Hoping for very quick answer to this question, because they guys are here
> now and they need a decision today so they know where to run the wires.
>  (If you are reading this after 5 PM EDT on Oct 9, then you don't need to
> spend any time replying, because it will be too late to change the
> design.)

John, what did you end up doing isfa grounding your Solar Panel rails???

Personally, I would have pulled an 8ga from each roof corner down the side of
the house to a point about 3' above g.l. and then from there in a 45* angle
out to a ground rod.  Then below ground, tie the corner ground rods together
around the house perimeter.

And, I do NOT like the above suggestion I have just made either.  So, what is
the better suggestion???

73  chas  k5dam