Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang
From: Steve Dyer <w1srd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:56:28 -0700
KF7P makes very nice stand-offs and not too pricey -- especially compared to the price of the tower, coax, control cables, etc.. www.kf7p.com. I have no pecuniary interest. Just a happy customer.
73,
Steve
W1SRD

Stand-offs are a high prices accessory...great profit margin!  Like you have
had crank-ups for decades. Never had an issue with rotor cables or coax...
Subjective opinion of one....YMMV.

73,
Dave
Wa3gin

Sent from my iPad

Be Prepared Stay Prepared

On Oct 30, 2013, at 7:39 AM, kr2q@optimum.net wrote:

I have owned crank-up towers for close to 40 years...in multiple locations and
using
multiple types of crankup towers (Heights, Hy-Gain, US Tower).  I still own 2
crank-ups.

In all cases, I just let the coax and rotor cable "hang down" right along side
of the tower.

I never used standoffs or coax arms.  Not sure why they are necessary.

Nothing ever got tangled or "hung up" in the tower.  I think that would be
really difficult to do.
I mean, why would coax (eg, RG8 type) want to or be able to "decide" to bend
and enter into
the tower lattice?  It is already handing from the very top to the very bottom.
 For me, it would
take an extraordinary act of nature to "convince" the coax to defy gravity,
bend into a small
loop, and "enter" the tower lattice.

de Doug KR2Q