Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with phased verticals on 40m?

To: John Frazier <fraz1@bellsouth.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with phased verticals on 40m?
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:56:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I installed/built a 4 Square for 40 about a yr ago and thnk its worth all the
sweat! Used DX Eng's Controller and phase box, but built verticals from 2 in
alum pipe (30 ft sections) and 3/4 in alum extensions for tuning. Have 36 32 ft
radials under ea at this point an will probably go to 40 radials ea.
Performance is outstanding relative to single vert and 265 ft Windom. I seem to
do as well as the guys with beams.
Best,
Alan K9MBQ