Re: [TowerTalk] Rivet Tool Info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rivet Tool Info
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:23:34 -0400
On 8/11/2014 8:51 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:

Agreed, 1/8th inch pop rivets aren't bad, but when the "shank, or stem" reaches 1/8th inch they start to be work. In most ham work we seldom see 1/8th inch shanks except in large booms and then other means are the prefered route. For 1/8th in. SS stems you really want the pneumatic route. With the proper pulleys and equipment, getting 100 to 150 feet of AC wire, or air hose up there is no big deal. It just takes some ingenuity and the proper equipment...and a bit of knot tying expertise would help. There I have to rely on my neighbor, but as my climbing days appear to be over, it's more of relying on the checkbook and insurance.

Never, ever hire a non certified and insured climber unless you can afford to self insure. They may sign a wavier, but that won't protect you from their family, or heirs! We all do it, and many are agreeable and even insist on helping out, particularly if you've helped in the past.

73,

Roger  (K8RI)

---
is active.