Re: [TowerTalk] Yet another Hazer Guying Question

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yet another Hazer Guying Question
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:50:54 -0400
Hi Doug -
I built a carriage system for my 100 foot tower. The tower is quite
substantial and guyed at 30/60/90. What I do is lower to 90. Disconnect the
90 guys at the anchor and lower to 60. Disconnect the 60's and lower to 30.
Climb to 30 and fish the 60's outside the carriage and reconnect to the
anchors. Disonnect the 30's and lower the carriage to ground level. With a
less substatIial tower you would want to start fishing the guys out and
reconnecting earlier in the game. You just have to wait for a calm day and
asses the situation. Any way you slice it, it's more than a trivial task.
Good luck, and 73's,
Gene / W2LU