Re: [TowerTalk] OTQ -

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OTQ -
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:25:08 -0400
I cannot imagine anyone recommending adding another 6 sq ft of windload 9
feet above your existing antenna system and I hope that you at least have
guy wires at the top.  You may have some interaction issues between the 40m
beam and the tribander and it's even more likely to be an issue using the
same coax.   Should  you choose to add another antenna to this tower, the
best approach is to run another feedline down the tower and either have a
relay there or bring it all the way back to the shack.

John KK9A

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OTQ -
From: "Its from Onion"
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:00:59 -0500

Hey guys, I know this is a bit off topic but your learned thoughts please.

Equipment-
Rohn 25 50 feet high with house bracket at 28 feet
M2 40m 3 element survivor  beam twisted with a Ham IV
DOM mast 18 feet tall with rotor at bottom of A3 top section leaving 9 ft on
top
BTW- it works people so please no comments about 'next big wind' as I've
already had them
and Rohn towers are FAR STRONGER than you think.

Proposed-
Add a Mosley CL-33 on top of M2

Questions-
The antennas react to the frequencies sent them.  If you send a 10m signal
the Mosley
you get zip out of the 15 an 20m parts.

With that in mind, what would happen if you directly connected the 40 and
the
10-15-20
antenna together on one coax?

My thought is that the 'antenna system' would only react to the frequencies
feed it.
Yet I'm sure that is to simplistic of reasoning.

So, run 2 coax's 125 feet back to shack and switch them there?

Thanks everybody in advance!

Lee
KE4VYN