Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:22:33 -0500
You can trade $ for time by over-specifying the strength of the concrete but I would not have been too eager to put the tower up after 3 days. A good wind storm could make you regret the rush. Of course my perceptions are distorted by my environment, the middle of tornado alley, Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

Patrick    NJ5G

On 7/26/2015 12:13 AM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
I ordered 5000# concrete and according to my PE, was able to put my TX472 up in
three days.