Re: [TowerTalk] Not QUITE a tower

To: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Not QUITE a tower
From: Bob Nielsen <n7xy@clearwire.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:55:11 -0700
In addition to Towertalk, I am aware of two antenna lists:

antennaware@contesting.com
antennas@mailman.qth.net

I don't have any quantitative data, but suspect that at such a
distance you would definitely see a difference from the effects of
salt water vs. a normal earth ground.  Maybe I am just lucky, but the
performance of my roof-mounted AV-640 vertical, which is ~200 ft from
salt water (depending on the tide) greatly exceeds my expectations.

Bob, N7XY