Re: [TowerTalk] Differentiating Tri-Ex Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Differentiating Tri-Ex Towers
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:06:47 -0700
The referenced link contains a nice drawing showing the difference in sizes
for the of the various heights of the LM series towers.

I notice that the drawing is dated 1972!  Ten years ago Paragon Mfg. took
over manufacturing the tower with First Call the sales outlet. The name was
changed to SKY470 for the LM470 however some of the literature still used
the Triex pages. At that time the tower steel was changed to a higher
strength. Maybe the dimenstions were also changed although my SKY570
instruction manual has the same dimensions, except for the extended and
nested heights, as the referenced link. These two heights are specified as
68' and 24' 6".
Paragon sold out to an eastern company who shortly sold out to Tashjian.

The original question was what is the difference in LM, HM, & HD versions
and it would be nice to know what the initials stand for. I suspect that HD
stands for heavy duty, possibly M for manual pull down as one of my Triex
literature pages refers to LM470HD as manual pull down with LM470HDSP as
motorized pulldown!