Re: [TowerTalk] changing towers

To: jacobsen_5@msn.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] changing towers
From: KJ6Y@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:51:59 EST
When I replaced a TX-455 for a client that had gone over in the wind, with  a
HDX 572, I sent a copy of the tower engineering specs to Hilti Products.
They came back with the specifications required.
The HDX-572 has 6 anchor 1" bolts, 27" long.  They recommended 6, 1  1/8"
holes. 22 inches deep. Anchor bolts were 1" high strength threaded rod,  26"
long.  .
I used their RE-500 epoxy.  Using their special holder, fill the hole  with
the epoxy, push the rod in, and let it set.  Depending on the  temperatue, sets
up within a few hours. Mount the T-base and tilt up the tower  like a normal
installation. I used a concrete coring company to drill the  holes.

I also recently did the same replacing a BX 56 foot tower with a  HDX-555.
Same procedure.  Works great.

Skip,  KJ6Y
_Communications Service  Co_ (http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html)
818-887-3569