Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Questions about the HyGain HyTower theory of oper

To: "'Dan Schaaf'" <dan-schaaf@att.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Questions about the HyGain HyTower theory of operation
From: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:16:37 -0500
I have one of these HT's and it works great....especially on 80 & 40.
BUT.....I have 90, 70 foot radials.
There is a big, BIG  improvement with the required number of radials.

Right...the stinger is not connected at the top of the tower.
It is connected to the bottom plate via the wire.
This allows the full length of the wire and stinger to be 'resonant' on
80mtrs.
The rest of the antenna acts like it is not there.
The 'stubs' are something that makes a 'resonance' for the other bands so
the RF seeks the most 'resonant' path outta there.

I've never tried a 60 meter stub.

I have a 3x3x3 cement base and last year I was damn glad I did it due to
90mph winds here that blew the shop roof off and ripped some gutters off
too.
The HT did not fall.

Get the antenna in the clear.....it will work a lot better.

Regards

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
Sperry, Ok.