Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:46:43 +0000
For those wood working challenged people out there, there are 3 popular
methods for putting holes in wood floors... assuming of course that you mean
you have a wood floor under the shack and aren't really talking about a
concrete floor where there are only 2, jackhammers and dynamite.  For wood
floors you can drill holes, the best option are hole saws or spade bits
since even the largest normal twist bit can just barely fit a good size coax
through.  If you need a larger hole you can get hole saws up to about 3" you
can use with a normal hand drill.  Beyond that, or if you don't want to go
round you can use a small drill to make a starting hole and then enlarge it
with a saw, either manual or small jigsaw works well, for bigger and rougher
holes use one of those demolition saws.  The final method is a fire axe.
They make really quick big holes but at the penalty of leaving a few
splinters around the edges.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net