[TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports
From: Michael.Kincaid@l-3com.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:21:21 -0600
I am about to inherit a mile and a half of 40' high power poles spaced
100' apart. There is an existing wire on insulators that runs the full
length. One option would be to move several poles on to my property to
be closer to the shack and mount yagis. The cheaper solution might be to
use it as it stands as a long wire for multi-band operation. What kind
of antenna pattern would I end up with on 160 meters? Would there be any
gain?  I believe a 40' high yagi should provide a better signal on the
upper bands. I'm looking for suggestions.

Mike Kincaid

W7FKF@fast.net