[TowerTalk] Tower Fall Radius Data?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Fall Radius Data?
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:05:32 -0500
Looking for references/studies that give the predicted fall radius of a
tower when it fails - seems like I saw a message about that a few days
ago but it's been discarded since then.  I think I saw a reference to
about 1/3 the height of the tower - is that right?

I'm trying to "help" the city come up with a proposed ordinance to
specifically cover amateur radio antennas, and that data would help
support a setback requirement of no more than 1/3 the height of the
tower.

And while I'm at it, if any of you know of and have access to ordinances
in your town that specifically cover amateur radio antennas, I would
appreciate seeing a copy.  Please contact me if you have such info.

Thanks for any info - private e-mail is fine.

-Marty KI0LO
 martyt@pobox.com