[TowerTalk] Gap and EH Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap and EH Antennas
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Sun May 18 10:06:39 2003
Greetings all,

The Gap Titan is working just fine-

In researching asymmetrical antennas with compact features, like the Gap
Titan, I came across reports about compact EH antenna theory.  Some excellent
websites for reading more on Gap design asymmetrical dipole type antennas and
Isotron (EH?) antennas can be found at:

http://www.antennex.com/Stones/st1201/hertz.html
http://www.antennex.com/hws/ws1201/theeh.html
http://www.njqrp.org/data/gap.html
http://www.qsl.net/aa3rl/titandtl.html
http://www.wa0sxv.us/titandx.html

I'd suggest reading of these websites for those interested in compact antenna
design for low-band operations.  KB1EGI wrote an amazing report on the EH
antenna.

I'm still searching for an effective 80 meter DX antenna that can offer the
lowest signal to noise ratio yet be operated at full legal, under the
confines of a typical suburban backyard. I'm going to ask Gap if they might
be interested in creating  a prototype customized solely for 75/80M with a
relay that can switch between bands and beefed up to handle full legal.

Will keep you posted-

73  Paul  N0AH