Re: [TowerTalk] Re [Tower Talk] Happy News

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re [Tower Talk] Happy News
From: "Michael Goins" <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:24:34 -0500
Closing on nine acres in Pipe Creek, Texas (just north of San Antonio) early
next week. Took a while to find, but with some remodeling, the house will
work great and the view is 50 miles long. At 1800 feet above sea level, it
should work well for antennas too. Can't wait to get a tower up.

mike
k5wmg

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:19 PM, W5CPT <w5cpt@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> When I moved to Western Kentucky (Marshall County) eight years ago, I found
> a 15 acres plot with a very acceptable house at a price I could afford.  I
> then went to the County Court House in Benton, and asked what type of permit
> I would need to put up a tower.  The lady looked at me with a quizzical look
> and said she did not know as no one had ever asked that before.  She went
> and got a fellow from an office in the back and I asked again.  He informed
> me that the ONLY structures that required permits were commercial buildings
> and multi-family dwellings.
>
> I immediately called the realtor and made an offer.  The property turned
> out to be 16.78 acres after the survey and I have all the room I need for
> towers.
>

> Point of all that - If you don't have to live downtown you can still find
> property that will suit our somewhat land intensive hobby.
>

> Clint - W5CPT

Mike
Richmond, Texas
Green cars, slow boats, big dogs, and summers off to write