Re: [TowerTalk] rotor control cable and the bulkhead....?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, chasm@texas.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor control cable and the bulkhead....?
From: "Chad WE9V" <chad.we9v@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:00:55 -0500
I also prefer the Polyphaser products, but just to give you another
alternative, see the ICE products:
http://www.iceradioproducts.com/impulse2.html#4

And for those of us who still like to homebrew and/or save some money,
if you look at the I.C.E. datasheet, it pretty much spells out what
device they are using.  A MOV (metal oxide varistor) with 50VAC,
66VDC, 4.5KA peak current.  A quick look at Digikey shows a similar
MOV for $4.23 for quantity 10.  See
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P7216-ND
 I purchased a ton of these along with an old fashioned barrier
terminal strip, connected one end of the MOV to the barrier strip, the
other end to a buss bar connected to station ground (my metal bulkhead
station entrance) via a very short lead.

73,
Chad WE9V