Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER ROTOR

To: VE6JY Don Moman <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER ROTOR
From: kb9yku <kb9yku@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 17:12:38 -0500
some of tham morers use a rubber tire  on a disk to get the right angle
and tham are  1 to 1 or soo
you should  have  a much lower rpm out

At 01:06 PM 5/8/2004, VE6JY Don Moman wrote:
I'd venture to say that any "Bush Hog" or similar mower in the junk yard is
there because the gear box is broke!  Everything else is fairly minor to
repair/replace except that!  But one never knows why something is in the
junk yard so it's always worth looking.  I find industrial auctions are a
much better place to find these sort of items.  Conveyor belt drives, large
overhead doors and other industrial drives often use a large worm drive,
some with a motor attached. An obscure motor voltage (or not working) may
reduce the value drastically.  At such a sale last fall, there were about 20
large worm drives, some with motors,  that sold for 5$ each. I bought the
only two that I could actually lift, the others would have taken a forklift
to handle.  But they sure would have handled a rotating tower nicely!

Good hunting.

73 Don
VE6JY