Re: [TowerTalk] New power line phenomena problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New power line phenomena problem
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@ntelos.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:13:57 +0000
Bob,
 Unfortunately, my water hose is frozen...CU next year from TX.
73, Tom

At 22:32 01/23/04, Robert Shohet wrote:
Just bring your water hose out to the power pole to supply
the current and then you can load up the guy wires on the power pole.

When the voltage falls on it then you have a circuit!
You can use that until you fix your fence.      :-)

Caution: Due to icing, this may not work in any of the more Northern states

73
Bob KQ2M

> Darn guys,
>   my febce broke and I can't get on 160.
> It broke right at the 80 meter part!
> 73, Tom K5IID
>

> At 21:38 01/23/04, Mark Beckwith wrote:
> > > Hey all you guys out there with big amps...,
> > > just run their power cable out to the proximity
> > > of the fence and and save on your electric bill.
> >
> >This is a common misconception, but anyone with any basic knowledge knows
> >that although the electricity drops onto the fence, it's only the voltage
> >part.  Without the current it can't power your big amp.  There's only
enough
> >there to give you a good shocking.
> >
> >See you all on 160M tonight.  Don't touch the fence.
> >
> >N5OT

"E" Sorter for the ARRL W5 QSL Bureau