Re: [TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds

To: noway@nohow.com, "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:31:04 -0700
At 12:13 PM 7/11/2006, Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]

The standard model of a lightning impulse is what's called a "double
exponential" with a fast rise (2 microseconds to peak) and a slow fall (50
microseconds to 50%).  (i(t) = (1-exp(-t/A))*exp(-t/B) with A and B chosen
to give the right shape.)

That 2 microsecond rise time gives you the HF spectrum out to the MHz-ish
range.