[TowerTalk] RE: New antenna system

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: New antenna system
From: Rob Santello <K6DQ@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:07:23 -0800
Hi again guys,

Wow, thanks for all the responses to my questions! Didn't mean to start an appliance discussion though ;-). But it's all been interesting none-the-less. Keith, the reason I asked my questions here is not because the SteppIR tech couldn't answer my questions. At the time I talked with him, I was still trying to decide on what antennas I was actually considering so I wasn't able to ask these specific questions of him then. I was very satisfied with his answers to the questions I did have at the time. In fact, he helped me to decide that I really ought to go with the smaller, cheaper 3 element model over the 4 element. Proof that he was concerned for my situation and not just trying to talk me into the more expensive model. So, I've decided to go smaller because of the reasons I previously listed. Maybe its time I did call him back with my specific questions now that I have a better idea of what I'm going to get. You all have pretty much answered my question regarding not to go with the Force 12 40m dipole in favor of the Cushcraft D40 or even the Hy-Gain Discoverer 7-1. Still unanswered is my stacking arrangement and related possible interactions. Though I guess that's probably better suited for SteppIR to answer now that I think I know what I am going to put up. Again, thanks to all for everything. It's been very informative!

Rob K6DQ