Re: [TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"Bill VanAlstyne, W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:28:05 -0500
At 03:00 PM 11/26/2004, Jim Lux wrote:
I haven't tried it, but has anyone taken some hideously RFI generating
widget (that shouldn't) and tried to return it to a mass market retailer
(Wal-Mart, Home Depot)?  I imagine they'd just take it, no questions asked
(it's not worth it to ask questions), but I wonder if there's any mechanism
to even follow up on it.

I've done it, and no questions were asked. I told them what the problem was, but there was zero interest.

I suspect somebody, somewhere is following the percentage of returns on given items, but that's probably about it. With the sort of junk that's being sold, RFI-related returns are probably a tiny minority.

73, Pete N4ZR