Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground

To: N6KJ <n6kj@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:34:00 -0500
Hello,

The shack ground here is a 3/4" dia. X 6' copper pipe. The equipment is connected to the copper pipe using the braid stripped from old coax. The braid end going to the copper pipe is slipped under a hose clamp that goes around the pipe. The other end is flattened and a hole, big enough to fit over the equipment's ground stud, is made. Solder is flooded into the flattened end solidifying it for placement over equipment's ground stud.

By the way, several number 8 wires are run from the 6' copper pipe to the various ground rods.

Hope this helps.

At 05:02 PM 1/14/05, Richard Zalewski wrote:
I will probably get beat up on this but what I have is a 6'x3"x1/4"
aluminum bar behind my operating position.  It is drilled and tapped
every 6".  Then at the end I have a 1/4 x 20 bolt that I attached my
large ground braid that goes about 5 feet to my ground rod system.
Have not had problems with ground loops etc.

Dick W7ZR

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:39:05 -0800 (PST), N6KJ <n6kj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How do people attach their rigs to a bus-bar (or
> similar)? The bigger the ground wire the better, but
> most rigs/amps have small, somewhat fragile grounding
> posts. How do others out there connect a nice
> hefty ground wire to their rig or amp? Also, how
> do people attach the wires to the bus-bar or
> ground rod? Bolts? U-Clamps? Solder? Any
> advice would be appreciated.

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Mike, K4GMH