Re: [TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>,"Carrington, Walter" <Walter.Carrington@umassmed.edu>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:45:33 -0500
It's probably worth pointing out that ANY anchor scheme that relies on
galvanized steel hardware below ground is exposed to the same potential for
galvanic action; some pretty serious tower people around here make it a
practice to coat any galvanized hardware that will be below ground with asphalt
roofing cement before installing it.

73, Pete N4ZR