Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:17:44 -0400
It's also worth remembering that the load on the base of a guyed tower is a LOT
less than that applied by any sort of self-supporter -- a former contributor, I
think it was N4KG, didn't even use concrete bases on some of his guyed towers,
which were just footed on the (hard) ground.

If I recall correctly, it has also been said here that concrete gains a
relatively large percentage of its final strength in the first week, even
though it takes a month to reach its full rating.

73, Pete N4ZR