Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Collapse - New Kensington, PA @ K3MJW

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Collapse - New Kensington, PA @ K3MJW
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:45:48 -0500
I wasn't suggesting that the old tower wasn't less strong than Rohn 25.  My
point was that with a guy gone, or alternatively with it having been pulled
on by a falling tree, in 70 mph+ gusts I'd expect my tower to fail
similarly.  There are some things nobody can reasonably design for.

73, Pete N4ZR