Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:49:15 -0800
At 08:44 PM 1/5/2007, Doug Renwick wrote:
>Thanks for the info Jim.  You have a good understanding of
>testing procedures.  Do you have the reference study/report
>for the testing of the porcupine device as to whether it
>reduces or does not reduce the incidence of lightning
>strikes?

See the references listed on http://home.earthlink.net/~w6rmk/lightning.htm

Actually, google for "mousa lightning" and most of the good papers
will come up.  Although copyrighted by IEEE, there's lots of bootleg
copies floating around the web.

I haven't found the NASA/Air Force/etc report with all the test data
on line yet, but stuff like that is getting more and more common, as
the various agencies digitize and publish farther back.  Some
googling might find it.

Jim, W6RMK