Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns

To: Bee Walton <k4jld@juno.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:52:00 -0800
At 02:24 PM 1/26/2007, Bee Walton wrote:
>Anyone know a source for the Selsyn transformers for the Telrex rotor and
>control box?  Fair Radio or SSof NE do not have them.  Details and specs
>can be provided if required.

Selsyn is a trade name for a synchro.  (GE, I think).. so googling
for synchro might find more info.

These things are fairly standardized, in terms of size (i.e. is it a
size 23 or something else) and voltages and impedances.  C&H Sales in
Pasadena, CA, used to carry a fairly large selection of them
(transmitters, receivers, funky transformers, etc.) but I have heard
that C&H is going out of business (after many decades) so they might
not have any left.

try here:
http://www.candhsales.biz/cgi-bin/shop991/shop.pl/SID=735924848/page=TSYN.htm#SYN109

And, of course, you can buy new ones (Check the Thomas Register to
find mfrs.. I think Moog is one http://www.polysci.com/ ) or get the
old one repaired.  A company called Windings, Inc.

Windings Inc
New Ulm, MN 56073
ph (800)795-8533 fax (507)354-5383

does this.

Synchros are widely used as position encoders, and there's a raft of
special purpose ICs or modules that take the three phase AC signal
from the synchro and turn it into a digital word.  Companies like DDC
make them.