Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800 Rotor Calibration Question and Complaint

To: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800 Rotor Calibration Question and Complaint
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:48:47 -0700
At 09:41 AM 3/26/2007, Martin AA6E wrote:

>On the other hand, sometimes someone volunteers to buy a quantity of a
>part for resale at cost to needy hams.  I would gladly buy two of these
>connectors for $ 7-10.

And of such statements (and another similar sentiment earlier) is a
retail niche identified.  I'll bet there's a fair number of small
companies out there selling cables and wire that got started with
just one or two products (e.g. Anderson PowerPole connectors).  If
one has (literally) free time and some spare cash, you could "invest"
in your initial inventory ($350), and start a small business
providing such things mail order.  These days, it's a heck of a lot
easier than it used to be, because you have things like the web, eBay
and Paypal to handle some of the formerly a pain in the rear
aspects.  I once was involved with a very small mail order operation,
and just the hassle of handling checks (all of which were from "out
of state" and took weeks to clear) was a pain, much less what it
would have taken to handle credit cards.

Or several of you might gang up together and talk to one of the
kitting or cabling companies or antenna companies out there and see
if they'll handle the business.  At least they've already got the
inventory and order fulfillment system worked out and factored into
their cost structure.