[TowerTalk] T2FD Antenna

To: "Norm Duxbury" <duxburyn@bellsouth.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2FD Antenna
From: ABowenN4OO <abowen@nettally.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:41:37 -0400

=============
At 01:05 PM 8/24/2006, you wrote:

>Yes, Craig, the T2FD (Terminated Folded Dipole).  Gee, you must be old!  OK,
>I guess we're both old.
=======================
The article I remember was in the mid 50s, published in CQ Magazine.
I think the author was G L Countryman (do not remember his call). It
was a tilted, terminated (T2) folded dipole that was terminated with
a 300 ohm "Globar" resistor and fed with 300 ohm line. In those days
link coupling and 300 or 600 ohm line worked just fine. Later on,
some tried 4 Globar resistors in series- parallel to be able to put
more power into the antenna. We didn't worry too much about reactance
of the resistive load. I probably did not  understood what it was.

If you Google T2FD you will find more than you ever wanted to know.

INK N4OO